Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Altec 821A Cabinet Project

  1. #51
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 821A Cabinet Project

    Use the Way Back Machine to find the 'dead' linked docs he used: Lansing Heritage Forums - View Single Post - ALTEC A7 & 300B SET

    Didn't save his pics, hopefully he or someone else did. Anyway, here's some of a dang near 'same as new' unit beginning here: Altec Lansing - Page 8 - diyAudio

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  2. #52
    Senior Hostboard Member Mustang Marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 3rd, 2009
    Location
    Trussville, Alabama
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 821A Cabinet Project

    I can't view the pictures either. I thought it was just me. Too bad. With all the accolades I feel I am missing something very special. I'll keep checking back. Maybe the images will suddenly appear. Hopefully they will.

  3. #53
    Inactive Member music2myears's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2009
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 821A Cabinet Project

    Yeah, it'd be just great to find any info on this cabinet - hard to think that there isn't any available anywhere, on what appears to be a truly classic design

  4. #54
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 821A Cabinet Project

    Huh?! I pointed you to enough info to build it, plus some nice detailed pics to compare to the drawings in case they weren't clear enough.......

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  5. #55
    Inactive Member music2myears's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2009
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 821A Cabinet Project

    Hi GM,
    THANKS for your reply!
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Use the Way Back Machine to find the 'dead' linked docs he used: Lansing Heritage Forums - View Single Post - ALTEC A7 & 300B SET
    I'm not sure how the "Way Back Machine" works, and when clicking the link, I was taken to a "Single Post" at the Lansing Heritage site, posted by tomp787 wherein there are some picture links. When clicking those, I land on a site that appears to be dead..? - so what am I doing wrong?
    I'd be very grateful if you could explain how I can access the "linked docs he used"

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Didn't save his pics, hopefully he or someone else did. Anyway, here's some of a dang near 'same as new' unit beginning here: Altec Lansing - Page 8 - diyAudio
    This link worked just fine, and those pics of the 820 are great - Thanks!

    Cheers
    Peter

  6. #56
    Inactive Member music2myears's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2009
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 821A Cabinet Project

    GM, could you please let me know what to search on at the Wayback Machine?

    Cheers
    Peter

  7. #57
    Senior Hostboard Member Earl K's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    513
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 821A Cabinet Project

    Hi Peter,

    - Have you "PMed" Reed Hinton ( to see if he has kept the original pictures for his build ) ?
    1

    - The next pic is from Steve Macs' build of a dual 15, midbass horn flare for his stereo system .
    - Steves' build was for a pure, twin 15 horn / as compared to Reeds' combo build ( Horn with Reflex ) .
    - Steves' thread ( called Mid Bass Horn Design 80-800 Hz ) will serve you well ( for the horn-flare portion of your project ) .


    21
    22
    23
    24

    <> cheers

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.